What were you doing 4 years ago? What vehicle did you drive?
Did you know that iPad wasn’t even in our lives just 4 short years ago? Just look at the rapid growth of this product, it’s hard to even imagine until you see the actual numbers.
- 2010 April 5 300,000
- April 8 450,000
- May 3 1 Million
- May 31 2 Million
- July 21 3.27 Million
- Sept 7.5 Million
- 2011 Jan 14.8 Million
- March 19 Million
- June 25 Million
- Oct 32 Million
- 2012 Jan 50 Million
- April 67 Million
- Sept 84 Million
- 2013 October 170 Million Total Units Sold.
As my wife would tell you, I just love all this new technology. Yes I have purchased the latest iPad ever since they have been released. The resale on the used ones is very strong also which helps. My last one was the iPad 4 w/ Retina Display, 64gb, wi-fi + 4g, cellular Verizon. It came out back in Feb of 2013 and was a very good machine. But like most technology we are always wanting more, and I found myself always having it full of data. The iPad works great to download video clips from my GoPro from the Unmanned Aerial Systems I fly. Farmers really like to see the footage directly after a flight. And you can ask my wife, I don’t play any games on them either 🙂 No angry birds for me.
So lets talk about the New iPad Air, all I can say is wow where did this come from? I don’t believe the industry was really prepared for this. The increase in performance is amazing, now just 1lb and it’s 28% lighter, 20% thinner and 24% less volume than my old one. Oh wait, forgot to mention it now has twice the CPU speed and graphics performance. With 10 hrs of battery life, it just ROCKS plan and simple.
Only issue I have is the price, wow a New Apple iPad Air w/ 128gb, wi-fi & cellular will cost you over $1000. At that price you can buy nearly any notebook including apple. You must have a need for a tablet to justify it.
That being said, this new tablet is SUPER powerful and with 128gb it has plenty of storage for all the necessary apps and video work I do. I actually made the entire invite for my Unmanned Aerial Systems class on the tablet, seriously the whole thing. Apple does include it’s own software (no charge either) like Page (word), Number (excel) & Keynote (powerpoint) at no charge and they work just fine with the Microsoft files.
For the record, I did buy Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition a month ago. I just had to try it and honestly after I got my new iPad Air, I just returned it. It’s just not in the same league as iPad. Don’t get me wrong there are some great tablets for $200-400 that just ROCK. But for my use I need the big guy.
Can you imagine what will be here in 4 more years, can’t wait! sign me up.
30 Days Bloggers
- Confessions of a Farm Wife: 30 Days, By the Numbers
- Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks
- Beyer Beware: 30 Days of #farmsmatter
- Pinke Post: 30 Days of Women in Agriculture
- Homestead Hill Farm: 30 Days of Views from the Hill
- Thoughts on Life: 30 Days of Ranch Life Memories
- farmgirldays: 30 Days of Farm Related DIY Projects
- Snapshots of a Kansas Farm: 30 Snapshots of a Kansas Farm
- Life on a Real California Dairy Farm: 30 Days of Thankful
- Morning Joy Farm: 30 Days of Family Agriculture
- Minnesota Farmer: 30 Days: After the Harvest
- From My Front Porch: 30 Days
- Rural Route 2: 30 Days of Farm Girl Memories
- Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom: 30 Days of Blogging
- The Field Position: 30 Days of Family, Food & Fun
- Sounds Like Home to Me: 30 Days of Randomness with a Pig Nutrition Grad Student
- Carolyn Cares: 30 Days of Thanksgiving
- Kelly McCormick Photography: 30 Days of Simply Being
- Wag’n Tales: 30 Days of Thinking
- Ag Tech Talk: 30 Days of Ag Tech
- Life of a Future Farmer: 30 Days of Life Through the Eyes of a Future Farmer
- Anna-Lisa Smile: 30 Days of Life in Rural Nevada
- Pannill’s Gate Farm: 30 Days of Vivacious Redheads
- 30 Days: All in the Name of Good Fun